As we continue to utilize Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and American Camp Association (ACA) guidelines we will be implementing the following guidelines.
- We will not hold camp if we feel we cannot provide a safe atmosphere for all individuals involved.
- We will refund all payments made if it is necessary to cancel a session of camp.
- We will operate at a reduced capacity appropriate to each session of camp.
- A full-time health officer will be present during each camp session.
- We will strive to hold as many activities outdoors as possible.
- At arrival a comprehensive health screening will take place. The screening will include questions related to Covid-19.
- Temperature checks will occur twice daily during each session of camp.
- Masks will be required at all times that social distancing is not possible.
- Food service will be modified to ensure safe delivery of meals.
COVID-19 Update – 3/3/2021
Lake Louise is monitoring all relevant sources for COVID-19 best practices, including the CDC, the American Camp Association(ACA), and the State of Michigan. We will remain fully compliant to all operating and sanitization protocols and Safe Start requirements from the State of Michigan.
Already in place are the stringent cleaning, hand sanitization, and social distancing requirements which we implemented throughout our camp. This allowed us to remain open safely in 2020 for family retreats and rentals.
For 2021, we are on track to safely open for our summer residential camping program for 4-year olds through high school seniors.
As the guidelines evolve, we’ll continue to adjust the number of campers we can accommodate, and we will also implement best practices as they are identified by health officials.
We are taking a conservative stance on this. While we realize the importance of the camping ministry to the families we serve, we are driven first by a concern for safety for all involved. We will post updates to this information as more information become available. Please, check back often. For any questions, contact Neil Haney, Executive Director at 231-549-2728. We want everyone to feel safe and have confidence that we are up-to-date on best practices.
For reference, below are a few of the resources we are monitoring and receiving guidance from:
The American Camp Association, of which Lake Louise Christian Community is a member, maintains and updates their COVID-19 – Resource Center for Camps.
The State of Michigan: Coronavirus website and Safe Start Requirements