Work for an amazing organization!
RESPONSIBLE TO: Lake Louise Board of Trustees
SUMMARY OF POSITION: The Executive Director shall have the responsibility for the implementation of the vision and evaluation of the extended ministries within the guidelines established by the Lake Louise Christian Community (LLCC) Board of Trustees (the Board) and will provide leadership for ministry, operations, marketing, human resources, finance and fundraising. The Executive Director of LLCC oversees the coordination of summer camps, retreats, forestry and sustainability of our 2726 acres, relations with 126 cottages around the lake, and the health and safety of our 528 acre spring fed lake. The Executive Director will lead full, part-time and seasonal staff. This position will ensure the creation, development and ongoing effectiveness of all programs and activities. All functions and activities will be performed within the stated mission, vision and core values of LLCC a United Methodist ministry.
- Ability and desire to work in a Christian environment.
- Master’s degree preferred, bachelor’s degree required.
- Five years Christian camping experience or non profit ministry.
- Possess proven marketing and fundraising skills.
- Experienced in operations management, human resources and oversight of budgets.
- Displays effective interpersonal skills.
- Possesses strong conceptual and visionary competence.
- Proven ability to be flexible with the time and fluctuating demands of camp and retreat ministries.
1) Responsible for the overall operation of LLCC.
- Coordinates with the Operations Director and the Food Service Director to guarantee the health and safety standards for all staff and guests.
- Coordinates with the Operations Director on the filing and maintaining of pertinent documents in regards to all building, structures, and property including OSHA regulations.
- Coordinates with the Operations Director to oversee the implementation of the Forestry Plan.
- Ensure that Lake Louise Christian Community and facilities follow State, Local and other government regulations as well as American Camp Association (ACA) standards.
- Be a liaison with the LLCC attorney for all legal issues.
- Serve as the primary spokesperson and promoter of LLCC to various constituencies, including churches, individuals, local organization, government units, etc.
- Manage and help protect the natural resources of the LLCC property.
2) Direct the program and activities of LLCC with the stated mission, vision and core values of the organization.
- Continually monitor the quality, attendance levels, costs and appropriateness of children, youth and adult programs and activities.
- Encourage and manage the Director of Camping and Retreat Ministries to envision, develop, and coordinate attractive and purposeful programs and activities.
3) Provide leadership and oversight for the LLCC staff.
- Promote a cooperative and cohesive team environment with the staff.
- Serve as an effective coach and mentor to the staff.
- In conjunction with the Personnel Committee, responsible for the hiring, evaluation, promotion, and celebration of milestones of employees.
4) The Executive Director will communicate and collaborate with the Board of Trustees.
- Implement and uphold all Board policies.
- Report regularly to the Board about progress toward organizational objectives, financial status of the organization and other issues of concern to the Board.
- Initiate and direct the development of policies for Board approval.
- Coordinate with the President of the Board to create agendas and reports for the meetings of the Board.
- Perform other responsibilities as necessary or as assigned by the Board.
5) The Executive Director coordinates with the Cottager Council to enhance the experience of Cottagers.
- Communicates with the cottagers with regular newsletters and updates.
- Available to cottagers with regular newsletters and updates.
- Gives a “State of the Lake” address at a cottager meeting each summer
- Oversees the transfer and updating of leases
- Interview prospective cottagers, in conjunction with the Board, as they apply for membership and inform them of all the policies of the Lake.
- Supervise and manage real estate tax billing, assessment billing, collection and records.
- Facilitate healthy relationships with the cottage community and the community at large through healthy discussion and the enforcement of Cottager Courtesies.
- Mediates disputes between cottagers and between cottagers and Lake Louise.
- Works with the Worship Committee (of the Board) to schedule the summer chapel services, print bulletins, and present each Sunday morning.
6) Direct Fundraising and Finance for LLCC
- Coordinates with the Treasurer of the Board the overall financial operation for LLCC.
- Develop and implement successful fundraising/development programs with various constituencies and individuals.
- Establish and monitor all budgetary and fiscal operations with a sensitivity for cost effectiveness.
- Properly recognize those who donate time, money, or possessions.
The Executive Director has the authority to implement the policies of the Board of Trustees, to administer and manage day-to-day operations of LLCC, its staff, its programs and the development functions of the ministry.
1. On site housing, utilities, and company vehicle provided.
2. Services are required to maintain 24-hour a day communications to handle emergency situations.
START DATE: March 1, 2021
POSTING CLOSES: January 15, 2021